Monday, July 11, 2016

#ADLRInsider with Kristin Spires

ADLR INSIDER
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

ACTOR NAME: Kristin Spires

Character Name: Lucia Beltran 

Raised: lived in a few places. Main "hometown" would be Ardmore, Oklahoma 

Education: Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Vocal Performance from Oklahoma City University 

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: no idea. The first show I ever saw on Broadway was Cats.

Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out?: My elementary music teacher, Mrs. Gilliam; my piano teacher, Meredith Milam; my middle school voice teacher, Vicki Gelona and my high school voice teacher Charlotte Hudgins. My current voice guru, Renee French. Celebrity inspirations? Bette Midler (we share the same birthday!), Carol Burnett, and Barbra Streisand.

Must See TV Show: really don't watch much TV, but I DVR The Dead Files. I also enjoy Mysteries at the Museum and stuff like that!

Why you work in theatre:  This is where I've always felt I was suppose to be.

Favorite Musicals I've Music Directed: In the Heights, Big Fish, Fellowship! and Xanadu

Favorite Musicals I've Been in: Hello, Dolly!, Lucky Stiff, Sweeney Todd

Previous stage work in DFW: Artes de la Rosa, Onstage in Bedford, Stolen Shakespeare Guild, Lyric Stage, Garland Summer Musicals, Runway, Plaza Theatre Co., OhLook Performing Arts, Grand Prairie Arts Council, Greater Lewisville Community Theater

Most fun I've had onstage: Rona Lisa Peretti next to Lon Barrera's VP Douglas Panch in Onstage in Bedford's The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: WordChums game on my phone

Favorite sport/team/player: Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers

Pre Show Rituals: vocalizing and running through all my lines/songs in the show

Special Skills: color guard (like flags yo!)

Any Theatre Superstitions:  I respect other people's, but I don't think I have any.

Worst Costume Ever: knock on wood...I don't think I've ever had a bad costume.

Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): Iced tea with lemon
Kristin in a staged reading of Charlie
David's Mulligans, with Zak Reynolds

Last Good Movie You Saw: I can't remember the last time I had time to go to the movies! I like comedies (like The Heat was HILLARIOUS!) and of course the Pitch Perfect movies. I'm also a Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Night at the Museum, National Treasure kinda gal.

Dream Role: hmmm. I never really have an answer for this!

Something you are incredibly proud of: my sons, Brendan and Nicholas, my voice students, and myself for pursuing my dreams in a way that helps others find wellness and abundance

Three things you can't live without: dental floss, tissues, and my Young Living Essential Oils

Best thing about Fort Worth or the North Side:  there are so many different things going on all the time. You can go to the stockyards, drive over to 7th street and get some great food, walk the beautiful Sundance Square...I really love FW!

Why people will love Women on the Verge: the music is beautiful and energetic and catchy, the actors are great storytellers, and who doesn't want to follow some women on the verge of a nervous breakdown! LoL

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN: The Musical begins performances Friday July 22 with official opening night Saturday July 23. Performances are Thursdays 7:30 pm, Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 pm. There will be a single Sunday Matinee on August 7 at 3:00 pm.  General Admission tickets are $16 for adults and $13 for students, teachers, & seniors. Opening Night Tickets are $20 and include a party with the cast and crew following the performances. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday June 22. For tickets or more information, call the Rose Marine Theater Box Office at (817) 624-8333.  Special ticket prices are available for groups of 10 or more. Tickets can be purchased online at www.artesdelarosa.org.   

No comments:

Post a Comment