Thursday, July 14, 2016

#ADLRInsider with Alden Price

INSIDE ADLR
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
ACTOR NAME: Alden Price
Character Name: Pepa Marcos

  • Born & Raised:   Born: Mt. Pleasant, TX; Raised: Paris, TX
  • Education: University of North Texas  
  • Zodiac Sign: Libra
  • Audition Song:  Lovesick from Women On the Verge
  • First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: Cats
  • Something you’re REALLY bad at: Computers. I can look sideways at one and it stops working.
  • Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out?: My high school theatre teacher, Laura Hutchings. She taught me the importance of character development, trusting my gut, and inspired me to see acting as something to be involved in beyond high school.
  • Must See TV Show:  The Office. I have watched it from beginning to end 6 times and just started it over again with my sister. It is never not funny to me! Oh, and don’t even get me started on Jim and Pam… swoon…
  • Why you work in theatre:  It fills me up. The only other thing that brings me the joy that theatre brings me is being a wife and a mom. I couldn’t ever decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. I eventually realized I didn’t want to be any of the things I thought I wanted to be… I just wanted to ACT like someone who had those jobs for a while!
  • First Theatre Role:  Florence McCricket in The Torchbearers
  • Favorite Play/Musical: Into the Woods
  • Previous stage work in DFW: McKinney Repertory Theatre, Runway Theatre in Grapevine, and Artes de la Rosa
  • Alden in Two Rooms
    Most challenging role you’ve played: This one is a no-brainer- Lanie in Two Rooms. It was the first show I ever did with Adam (Artes de la Rosa's Artistic Director) and to this day is the show that has impacted me most past the walls of the theatre. That show made me a better actress, wife, and overall human being. I was really thankful that it only ran two weekends though. I swear I didn’t cry for 6 months after doing that show because I had no more tears left!  
  • Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: Pretty Little Liars, does that count? I am a sucker for that trash TV. I anxiously await Tuesday nights like it is Christmas.
  • Favorite sport/team/player: My husband is going to die when I put this in writing but I really like the Seahawks and Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch.
  • First Stage Kiss: It was during Big: The Musical, my very first musical, where I played Susan and my then boyfriend’s best friend played Josh. Talk about awkward! For the record, I have kissed more men on stage than I have in my personal life. I don’t know if that is something to be proud or ashamed of…
  • Pre Show Rituals: I box with the air (something I stole from my high school theatre friends) and say a prayer.
  • Special Skills: Burping and dancing off beat.
  • MAC or PC: I thought this was referring to brands of make up so I guess I should say neither. Remember, I am REALLY BAD at computers.
  • "I'll never understand why…”: children can open medicine bottles when adults can’t and then they eat some B12 vitamins and you have to call poison control and swear that you aren’t a bad parent. Not that I know anything about that…
  • Favorite Post Show Meal: Whataburger. I mean we are in Texas, right?!  
  • Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): In the words of Jessica Day (my spirit animal), “I prefer my wine pink, bubbly, and under $11.”
  • Favorite ice cream : Ben and Jerry’s Karamel Sutra
  • Biggest On Stage Mishap: During Big: The Musical I had a quick change before our Act 1 finale number. It was super dark backstage and somehow when I went to bend down to grab my dress I whacked my nose on the Zoltar machine and thought for sure I broke my nose!
  • Last Good Movie You Saw: Chef with Jon Favreau. Jeff and I saw it 6 times in the theater and watch it all.the.time. at home. We are both foodies and we LOVE the story line.  
  • Dream Role: Amneris in Aida, Belle in Beauty and the Beast, Anne Sullivan in The Miracle Worker, and Cathy in The Last Five Years
  • Something you are incredibly proud of: My faith and my beautiful son.
  • Words of advice for aspiring performers: Never allow yourself or your dreams to feel small. You are only as small as you allow yourself to be perceived. Go in to every audition like you humbly deserve it. Be confident in your God-given talent but always be gracious when an opportunity comes your way.
  • Career you would want if not a performer: I am blessed enough to have my dream career: being a stay at home mom.
  • Three things you can't live without: My family, nachos, and Netflix.
  • Best thing about the North Side:  Los Paisano’s Taqueria’s tacos. To. Die. For.
  • Why people will love Women on the Verge: Anyone who is old enough to see this show has undoubtedly experienced some of the emotions that these women AND men are feeling in this show. At any given moment you think, “Oh my gosh, I felt that way last week!” Their situations are relatable, it is their farcical reactions that make the show so over the top hilarious! Plus, the music is incredible. You can’t help but dance to it! If you aren’t dancing in your seat to the opening number then you don’t have a pulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment