Thursday, September 2, 2010
Today Artes de la Rosa sits down with recent Birthday Boy Abel Flores, Jr. who can soon be seen onstage in Artes de la Rosa’s Cat on a Hot Tin Roof playing the role of Reverend Tooker.
• Born & Raised: I was born in Houston and raised in Wills Point, TX.
• Education: I’m currently a Junior at UTD and I’m an Art & Performance major.
• Zodiac Sign: Leo
• First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: My first play I saw was Antigone at my high school.
• Must See TV Show: Seinfeld
• Why you work in theatre: There is nothing like theatre. It’s demanding, challenging and the moments I spend onstage don’t compare to anything else I’ve done in life. It gives me the opportunity to have a different perspective on things. Plus, I like cast parties.
• First Role: C.C Showers in The Diviners
• Favorite Play: It’s a tie between The Odd Couple and The Producers.
• Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: I could watch Food Network all day.
• First Stage Kiss: I was Paul in Barefoot in the Park. It was a lot of kissing for a first stage kiss. I’ve never brushed my teeth so much.
• Pre Show Rituals: I like to stretch and chat it up with my fellow castmates.
• Special Skills: I’ve been told I’m good at some impersonations. I’m a big fan of Christopher Walken….just saying.
• Worst Costume Ever: I played an old man in One Act Play in high school and had to shave the top part of my head so I could look like I was balding. You can take off a bad costume…you can’t take off a bad hairdo.
• Favorite Post Show Meal: Beer and Nachos (lots of both)
• Biggest On Stage Mishap: It wasn’t so much a mishap as it was a series of unfortunate events. I was in a production where more than half of the cast and crew had the flu during the last weekend of shows. It was grueling!
• Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side: Artes de la Rosa!!!
Posted by Artes de la Rosa at 2:16 PM