Monday, August 27, 2012

INSIDE ADLR with the Rain God herself, REBEKAH RUIZ

Production Name: The Fifth Sun

Actor’s Name: Rebekah Ruiz

Character Name: CHAC

  • Born & Raised: I was born and raised in Miami, Florida (Texas is better.)
  • Education: I completed my high school degree at Arlington Heights and I’ll be starting my sophomore year in college at Texas Wesleyan University this fall!
  • Degree: I plan on getting a degree in mass communications/ PR.
  • Zodiac Sign: Capricorn!
  • Any Siblings: Well here’s a long list. I have a sister and two brothers along with two step-sisters and two step-brothers.
  • Audition Song: Can never ever find the right one. I’m a dancer.
  • Audition Monologue: Its an excerpt from “Stardust.” I’m in need of some new ones.
  • First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: Jesus Christ Superstar (on VHS)
  • Something you’re REALLY bad at: Video games. REALLY bad doesn’t begin to cover it.
  • Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out? Michelle Derstine is someone who I got to dance along side when I was younger. She was a mentor and an inspiration and continues to be and then there’s Meryl Streep. Gotta love her.
  • Must See TV Show: BREAKING BAD. Everyone should see it.
  • Why you work in theatre: I ask myself this same question every day.
  • First Role: Annie! It was in the 5th grade and I still brag about it. It was my star moment.
  • Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: Keeping up with the Kardashians. I may or may not be watching it as I type this.
  • Favorite sport/team/player: Baseball/ Texas Rangers/ Ian Kinsler. That was easy.
  • First Stage Kiss: Filling in for a prisoner one night in ‘Kiss of the Spiderwoman’ I kissed a guy dressed as a woman while I was dressed as a woman, dressed as a man. Quite memorable.
  • Pre Show Rituals: Eating candy. Lots of candy.
  • Special Skills: I’m gonna say my skill in the kitchen. I’ve been told I’m pretty great.
  • MAC or PC: MAC all the way.
  • "I'll never understand why…" : Cookie dough only tastes good late at night when you’re sad and alone.
  • Any Theatre Superstitions: I’m not the most superstitious but I’m never doing a show with the word “spider” in the title ever again!
  • Worst Costume Ever: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I was a wife and there was a headdress.
  • Favorite Post Show Meal: Honey butter chicken biscuit from Whataburger, of course.
  • Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): Sweet Tea or Dr. Pepper.
  • Favorite ice cream : Milk chocolate BlueBell. HAS to be BlueBell.
  • Biggest On Stage Mishap: I broke my toe on stage once. That was great.
  • Worst job you ever had: Well… At this point I’ve only worked in theatre.
  • Last Good Movie You Saw: The Amazing Spiderman!
  • How you got your Equity card: Yeah right…
  • Something you are incredibly proud of: I just choreographed a kid’s show and it didn’t suck! Yay!
  • Words of advice for aspiring performers: If you love it do it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • Career you would want if not a performer: I’m hoping to make my way into teaching dance.
  • Three things you can't live without: Cell phone, air conditioning, hot showers.
  • Best way to beat the North Texas Heat : Put a slip and slide and inflatable pool in your backyard OR live inside of a freezing theatre. I’ve done both this summer.
  • Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side:  Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment