Friday, August 24, 2012

INSIDE ADLR with Diego turned God, EDUARDO AGUILAR

Meet Eduardo Aguilar who most recently took the stage as Dora the Explorer's faithful cousin, Diego!  Eduardo turns in Diego's trademark blue t-shirt for the clothes of the God of Cultivation in the upcoming stage production of the Fifth Sun opening this September at Artes de la Rosa. No Stranger to the ADLR stage, Eduardo made his ADLR debut in 2011 with Kiss of the Spiderwoman.

Actor’s Name:  Eduardo Aguilar                 
Character Name:  Ghanan, God of Cultivation

Born & Raised:   Born in  Mexico, but raised in Fort Worth since I was five.
Education:  Going on my last school year of undergrad       
Degree:  Theater of course    
Zodiac Sign: Libra     
Any Siblings: One older sister, an older brother, and a little brother           
First Play/Musical You Ever Saw:       The first play I ever saw was Blithe Spirit in my old high school.
Something you’re REALLY bad at: Math, and being organized
Must See TV Show:  Friends duh.
Why you work in theatre:  Because of opportunities that you get to experience in this field, that otherwise you’d never think about doing.
Favorite Play:  I can’t narrow it to just one. Sorry.
Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure:  Don’t judge me, but I like the Teenwolf series on MTV. And lately I’ve been hooked on a show by ABC Family called Make it or Break it. Both shows are super corny and I don’t know why I watch them.
Favorite sport/team/player:      I am a huge Olympic Games fan. The summer games are my favorite. I  also enjoy watching the World Cup.
First Stage Kiss:  My first stage kiss was with the one and only, Cari Watson. I was a freshman in high school and I was auditioning for the part of Haemon in a translated version of Antigone. My director made us kiss as part of the audition. It was memorable.
Pre Show Rituals:  Listen to some music, stretch, vocalization warm ups and try to relax as best as I can.
Special Skills:  I am a great sleeper. I can seriously fall asleep through anything. Thunderstorms, traffic jams, of course it’s only when someone else is driving.
MAC or PC: PC
"I'll never understand why…" : Some people just don’t wear deodorant. It’s incredibly disgusting.
Favorite Post Show Meal:  Something light-ish. Like a sandwich and a fruit.       
Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): Grapefruit juice
Favorite ice cream : Buttered Pecan
Biggest On Stage Mishap:  On opening night of Annie at Plaza Theater in Cleburne, Tx, I had the privilege of knocking down a little table, and breaking one of its legs. I wanted to die.
Worst job you ever had: I guess out of the few places I’ve worked, Dairy Queen would be the least classy.
Last Good Movie You Saw: The Dark Knight Rises. I have the biggest crush on Anne Hathaway.     I would marry her if she wanted.
Something you are incredibly proud of: my parents and family.
Words of advice for aspiring performers: Be humble and easy to work with. Being a diva is the biggest turnoff there could ever be.
Career you would want if not a performer:  Something involved with learning foreign languages. Or working at reservations for animals that are in danger of extinction. Or being a ninja.
Three things you can't live without: A bed, my ipod, and food.
Best way to beat the North Texas Heat : Stay inside, obviously. And drink lots, and lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment