Tuesday, August 21, 2012

INSIDE ADLR with the Lord of Life, FRIEDA AUSTIN

Get to know the brilliant performer, Frieda Austin. She most recently made her ADLR debut with her breathtaking physical performance in Artes de la Rosa's MARIA DE BUENOS AIRES. She's a gorgeous dancer and powerful actress, Frieda has some major surprises in store for audiences who see The Fifth Sun! Let's get to know her!

Production Name      : The Fifth Sun

Actor’s Name :             Frieda Austin

Character Name        : Kukulcan, Lord of Life
Born & Raised:   Born to Dance, Raised in the Theatre
  • Education:  I have two children. You learn a lot from your kids.
  • Degree: I’m an expert in sarcasm
  • Zodiac Sign: Taurus
  • Any Siblings: 1 computer genius younger brother
  • Audition Song:  I don’t sing.   
  • Something you’re REALLY bad at: surveys
  • Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out? My ballet teacher Letitia Gray
  • Must See TV Show:  Alias with Jennifer Garner
  • Why you work in theatre: I love the process, the people and most of all the chance to connect with the audience in a way they will never forget. 
  • First Role: I danced the role of a Rosebud in my first recital and I played a “Nerd” in my 5th grade play “Robin Dude: Prince of Nerds”
  • Favorite Play:
  • Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: Shopping at Target & Real Simple magazine
  • Favorite sport/team/player:
  • First Stage Kiss:  It was a “dance” kiss in Maria de Buenos Aires, does that count?
  • Pre Show Rituals:  Tennis ball, loud music on my ipod and stretching
  • Special Skills: I taught myself to knit.
  • MAC or PC: Both, I’m a multiplatform kind of girl.
  • "I'll never understand why…" : drivers brake for no apparent reason on the highway
  • Any Theatre Superstitions: Nope. Sometimes, I forget and say Good Luck before a show.
  • Worst Costume Ever: I’ve worn so many white costumes; it doesn’t even phase me anymore.
  • Favorite Post Show Meal:  A burrito from Taco Bueno with sour cream, yum.
  • Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): Chai tea
  • Favorite ice cream : Mint Chocolate Chip
  • Biggest On Stage Mishap: In my final performance of Wind Set-up at Hip Pocket Theatre last summer, I enthusiastically went for a sweeping movement over the stage and managed to shove a giant splinter in my finger. There was limited light backstage so I had to leave it in for the remainder of the show.
  • Something you are incredibly proud of: Getting back into performing after 10 years off.
  • Words of advice for aspiring performers: Commit to every moment you are on stage.
  • Career you would want if not a performer: Sheep Herder
  • Three things you can't live without: Burt’s Bees Lip Balm, silence and nature
  • Best way to beat the North Texas Heat : Movie marathons at home
  • Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side: THE ARTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment