Thursday, August 16, 2012

INSIDE ADLR with GEORGE RODRIGUEZ's Oscar Romero

Over the next few weeks you'll get to meet the cast members of Artes de la Rosa's upcoming production of The Fifth Sun which opens September 7th at the Rose Marine Theater! This is the first time back on the Rose's stage for George in 8 years! Spend a few minutes and get to know George in all his glory!

Production Name      : The Fifth Sun           

Actor’s Name : George X Rodriguez

Character Name        : Oscar Romero

 Born & Raised:  Born at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. Raised in Fort Worth, Texas
  • Education:  Texas Wesleyan University, Class of 1990
  • Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Theatre
  • Zodiac Sign: Virgo
  • Any Siblings: Writer and Director, Lynda Rodriguez
  • Audition Song:  “I Wanna Be Like You” –Jungle Book
  • Audition Monologue:  Richard from Henry VI, Part Three
  • First Play/Musical You Ever Saw:   I do not remember, 1st show I worked crew on was The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Ruta Lee as Miss Mona at Casa Manana
  • Something you’re REALLY bad at: I do not remember……..I have to write things down.
  • Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out? Mentor: Joe Allen Brown. Russell Hicks.   Inspiration: My Grandfather, Angelo Brouno Gonzalez
  • Must See TV Show:  I watch entirely too much television. Favorite show? The Sopranos.
  • Why you work in theatre:  I honestly cannot imagine myself doing anything else.
  • First Role:  Hard to say as my sister and I always put on plays from skits from Sesame Street, Carrascolendas, Zoom, and The Electric Company. If I had to pick though, the role of a shepherd in the Annual Rodriguez Family Christmas Pageant.
  • Favorite Play:  Henry VI, Part Three by William Shakespeare
  • Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure:  YouTube
  • Favorite sport/team/player: Dallas Cowboys ! ! !
  • First Stage Kiss:  As a lifelong character actor, I have never had a stage kiss. Shot, stabbed, hung, strangled, over dosed, poisoned, beaten, yes. Kissed? No.
  • Pre Show Rituals:  Nap, Meal, Read Script Two Times, Reflection, Prayer, Puke
  • Special Skills: At the advice of my attorney, I am instructed not to answer this question.
  • MAC or PC: PC
  • "I'll never understand why…":  Irish women are my Kryptonite
  • Any Theatre Superstitions:  The Scottish One
  • Worst Costume Ever: As The Captain of The Titanic in Christopher Durang’s Titanic
  • Favorite Post Show Meal:  Whataburger !
  • Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): Iced Tea, Lemonade, Iced Tea with Lemonade, Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper
  • Favorite ice cream : Cookies n Cream
  • Biggest On Stage Mishap:  Having my wig on backwards for an entire performance of Mirandolina
  • Worst job you ever had: Not working
  • Last Good Movie You Saw: WarHorse
  • How you got your Equity card: A.E.A. Membership Candidacy Program. Week by Week. Show by Show. All in Fort Worth.
  • Something you are incredibly proud of: Being Alive and performing in the neighborhood and city I grew up in.
  • Words of advice for aspiring performers: Believe in yourself. Don’t confuse money with success or talent. Live Today, when you get down to it, that is all one really has.  Always Be Working On Something !
  • Career you would want if not a performer: Double Knot Spy
  • Three things you can't live without: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, The Sopranos Complete Series on DVD, and Bella.
  • Best way to beat the North Texas Heat : Iced Tea, Fan, and On demand Television.
  • Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side:  My Family Living In This Wonderful City of Ours.
You can get your tickets now by visiting www.ArtesDeLaRosa.org and clicking on Tickets! Don't miss George as he takes the stage in the role of Civil Rights Leader Arch Bishop Oscar Romero.

No comments:

Post a Comment