Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Grapes of Wrath; A moment with Jeremy Daniel Jackson.

Today we spend time with Texas Wesleyan Senior Theatre Major, Jeremy Daniel Jackson.  An actor/director Jeremy takes the stage with one of his professors, Kristin Spires.  Pictured at below is Jeremy, with Artes Academy Student, Hunter Hurt. Here's what Jeremy has to say...

Jeremy Daniel Jackson & Hunter Hurt in rehearsals...
When I was asked to be a part of this project, I was a bit hesitant. I  knew very little about Adam Adolfo and Artes de la Rosa.  Having seen a few shows here, I know they're a theatre very much so in touch with art and theatre centered around the Latin-American culture, so I was like, "oh God! They're going to have me attempting to speak spanish!"

Thankfully however, that's not the case. Thus far, my experience with this entire process has been rather pleasant. Rehearsals have been a blast! Adam has worked hard to make the enviroment fun, open-minded, productive and comfy. As an actor, I always look forward to the new knowledge I gain from a show and this show is full of it!
Being that the production is centered around The Grapes of Wrath both dramatically and historically,  An audience will most definitely walk away from this show knowing so much more about the novel, our nations history, and Steinbeck himself. After our first rehearsal we were asked to sum up our thoughts of the script and the other activities that day and I said "enlightened."  I think anyone that comes to see this show will feel this way in one way or another.
A Moment from a rehearsal from the upcoming World Premiere of
THE GRAPES OF WRATH; A Living Scrapbook
From Left To Right: Cassandra Clarke, Wes Cantrell, Kristin Spires, Jeremy Daniel Jackson, & Laura L. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment