Tuesday, August 10, 2010

INSIDE ARTES DE LA ROSA with Stephanie Cleghorn Bluth

In an effort to let you get an inside glimpse at the world of Artes de la Rosa we'll be doing "INSIDE ADLR" Q&A's with the many different artists that work, live, and play here at the Rose Marine Theater.

Today we spend a few minutes with actress Stephanie Cleghorn Bluth who is sharpening her claws to play Maggie the Cat in our much anticipated production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.


Born & Raised: TEJAS!
Education: Attended Brigham Young University
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Audition Monologue: Last audition monologue was an original by a good friend of mine, Matthew Greene
First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum
Must See TV Show: House
Why you work in theatre: Because I haven’t figured out who I am so playing other people comforts me
First Role: A zebra in elementary school and most memorable first role was Harriet in Arthur Miller’s Broken Glass in high school
Favorite Play: Blood Wedding by Federico Garcia Lorca
Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: I like to stalk people on Facebook…
First Stage Kiss: I played Jocasta, he played Oedipus, and he was younger than me and I was so embarrassed the director made all of the other actors leave the room!
Pre Show Rituals: Vocals, stretching, prayer
Any Theatre Superstitions: Lucky underwear
Worst Costume Ever: The zebra
Biggest On Stage Mishap: Late for an entrance because I was throwing up
Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side: The beautiful friendly people

1 comment: