Friday, August 27, 2010

Inside Artes de la Rosa with Big Mama Danielle Reboli


This week, we take a few moments to enjoy some time and a bit of Cuban coffee with actress Danielle Reboli who can be see starting September 9th as Big Mama in the Artes de la Rosa production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

• Born & Raised:
Born - Big Spring, TX;
Raised- TX, CA, FL, NV, England, & OK. I was a USAF kid.
I’ve also lived in Seattle and Memphis.
• Education:
o 1 year, St. Gregory’s College, Shawnee OK
1 year, OCU, OKC, OK
3 years, Highline College, Seattle
3 years , Baylor University, Waco, TX – earned BFA in Acting
2 years, UTA, Arlington, TX – earned MBA in Business
• Zodiac Sign: Taurus (and it’s pretty dead on!)
• Audition Song: Lady is a Tramp, among others
• Audition Monologue: Hermione, A Winter’s Tale
• First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: Godspell & Jesus Christ Superstar at the London Paladium, 3rd & 4th grade. When Jesus came up from the pit on a cross, I knew I wanted to be a live stage actress.
• Must See TV Show: Stargate(s); Legend of The Seeker; Merlin; Sanctuary; Army Wives; Drop Dead Diva; Saving Grace (, it’s over); Biggest Loser; Vampire Diaries. Ummmm, was I just supposed to mention one!
• Why you work in theatre: I’m miserable, if I don’t.
• First Role: My first real significant role was Winnie the Pooh, in The House at Pooh corner, in the 9th grade. We did the entire play, 6 performances.
• Favorite Play: Anything by Shakespeare or Chekhov. OK, if I have to narrow it down, I’d say “Midsummer”
• Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: I don’t know if this fits the bill, but I love to listen to the 70’s music station on cable. Really love it!
• First Stage Kiss: I can’t remember, but I’ve had a few. • Pre Show Rituals: Water, apples, lemons. I like to arrive an hour earlier than called, so I don’t have to rush. I also like my quiet time getting ready and then find a corner to get into character, stretch out and do vocal warm-ups.
• Special Skills: I fenced my first couple of years in college and used to choreograph and teach actors, but I’m truly out of that practice now. I can belt out a pretty good jazz number for you. I also direct my own belly dance troupe, called, Brazen Bellies.
• Favorite Post Show Meal: I don’t have one. Do libations count?
• Biggest On Stage Mishap: A summer production of Two Gentlemen of Verona at Baylor. My Baby sister was playing the littlest kid in the children’s gang and she wet her pants on stage! So it wasn’t my mishap exactly, but my 7 year old sisters! As we excited, there was a puddle on the stage.
• Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side: The Rose Marine Theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment