Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inside Artes de la Rosa with Adrian Godinez

Inside Artes de la Rosa’s Cat On A Hot Tin Roof with Adrian Godinez who plays Gooper Pollit in the Tennessee Williams Classic
Born & Raised: Born in NY, raised in Dallas
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Audition Song: Theme song to the Fresh Prince of Bel-air
First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: Carousel
Must See TV Show: Firefly or LOST
Why you work in theatre: I enjoy the entire process from pre-production, set building, to strike. I enjoy telling stories and tapping into an inner emotional narrative that can connect people to a character, story, setting, ideal and so forth.
First Role: Nerd – The California School Tales
Favorite Play: Hamlet
Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: I-phone
First Stage Kiss: I think it was 42nd Street…
Pre Show Rituals: Check my zipper
Special Skills: I can play 9 musical instruments and make babies cry
Any Theatre Superstitions: I never say the “Scottish play” in the theater, never read a review backstage
Worst Costume Ever: Prelude to a Kiss, it was set in the 80’s and I had a terrible pink button upped shirt that was tucked into terrible jeans
Favorite Post Show Meal: Anything, because by that time I’m starving!
Biggest On Stage Mishap: I’ve broken someone’s nose on stage with a door, destroyed a fountain, fell on my knees right on a nail on stage, Broke my finger punching a table, gone through an entire first act with a bloody nose.
Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side: The people

1 comment: