Monday, September 9, 2013

INSIDE ADLR with Romeo & Juliet's Nurse, Kristi Taylor

Today you meet the fantastic Kristi Taylor, Texas Wesleyan Theatre student and playing The Nurse in Artes de la Rosa's Romeo & Juliet!

  • Born & Raised:   in Cleburne, TX but I’ve been all over Hell and Half of Georgia
  • Education:  finishing up my BA in Theatre at Texas Wesleyan University
  • Zodiac Sign: Aries
  • Any Siblings: 1 sister named Kali
  • Audition Monologue:   “Call you me fair?” from A Midsummer Night’s Dream
  • First Play/Musical You Ever Saw: The Elephant Man/Into the Woods
  • Something you’re REALLY bad at: I apologize for EVERYTHING…I'm sorry about that.
  • Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out? My best friend, Jeremy Jackson.  He inspired me to come to school for theatre.  Thanks, J.
  • Must See TV Show:  3rd Rock from the Sun/ Drunken History
  • Why you work in theatre:  It is a constantly changing and exciting field…never a dull moment!
  • First Role:  Anastasia Fyodorovna Mertchutkin in Anton Chekhov’s,  The Anniversary
  • Favorite Play/Musical: The Laramie Project / Next To Normal
  • Favorite sport/team/player: I like baseball, but don’t have a favorite.
  • First Stage Kiss:  I’ve never been kissed on stage…I know…pathetic and sweet
  • Pre Show Rituals: Jumping around to get the energy up…but really I look like an addict needing a fix.
  • MAC or PC: PC for now, but I may convert shortly
  • "I'll never understand why…" : How can people audition for a show if they’ve never read the play?!? I guess they don’t realize how awful they look when they misinterpret a line.
  • Worst Costume Ever:  Dolly Tate ballroom gown in Annie Get Your Gun…it had literally 100 eye hooks that I had to undo for a super quick change…but it was super pretty!
  • Favorite Post Show Meal:  Anything…no preference except I usually want a beer.
  • Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): Bloody Mary and Dr. Pepper…not combined.
  • Favorite ice cream : Chocolate Garcia-Ben & Jerry’s
  • Biggest On Stage Mishap:  I was playing Mrs. Hawkins in Treasure Island and out of nowhere my British accent disappeared and I sounded like a redneck hillbilly from Tennessee…I don’t know what happened.
  • Worst job you ever had: Delivery driver for an unnamed pizza company…
  • How I was Introduced to Shakespeare: I had to memorize the Hamlet “To be, or not to be…” monologue for a creative writing class in 7th grade.
  • Something you are incredibly proud of: My book that is currently in the process of being published!
  • Words of advice for aspiring performers: This is one of the hardest jobs out there.  But, I honestly believe it is one of the most rewarding.  So, stick with it, you can never dream too big.
  • Career you would want if not a performer: Forensic Pathologist ( I went to school for this before Theatre)
  • Best way to beat the North Texas Heat : duh…stay indoors or become a vampire and only go out after dark.
  • Best thing about Fort Worth & the North Side:  It’s big but feels so small.  Everyone knows you and there is an awesome thriving theatre community.
  • Why people will love Romeo & Juliet: There’s so much passion, laughter, and the desire to tell a great story! The cast is great and so full of life!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment