Tuesday, August 13, 2013

INSIDE ALDR with Romeo & Juliet's PARIS, JACOB HARRIS

Jacob Harris plays the handsome
and powerful Paris in Romeo & Juliet
Today JACOB HARRIS, who plays the dashing "Kennedy"-inspired Paris in Artes de la Rosa's Romeo and Juliet answers our fun survey! Get to know Jake!
 
· Born & Raised:   North Richland Hills
· Education:   Richland High School and the University of North Texas
· Degree: Bachelor or Arts in Theatre Performance
· Zodiac Sign: Leo
· Any Siblings: Two Sisters
· Audition Song:   "I Need To Know" from Jekyll and Hyde
· Audition Monologue:    Twelfth Night
· Something you're REALLY bad at: English
· Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations when first starting out? My youth minister really inspired me because he gave me a way to do what I love and still honor God.
· Must See TV Show:   F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
· Why you work in theatre:   I like putting smiles on people's faces and being a completely different person.
· First Role:   Hero in "Fireflies" in Middle School
· Favorite Play:" Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"
· Pop Culture Guilty Pleasure: Rap, I like Eminem
"Happy Halloween!"

· Favorite sport/team/player: Hockey, Stars
· First Stage Kiss: As Hamlet in "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" to Ophelia
· Pre Show Rituals: Listen to my Music on my pandora...and get my head around my character.
· Special Skills: I'm an Eagle Scout
· MAC or PC: PC
· "I'll never understand why…" : someone won't like Bacon.
· Favorite Post Show Meal:   Whataburger
· Favorite liquid refreshment (adult or other): I like Jaeger or Rootbeer!
WORLDS COLLIDE: Jake a cast member for
Romeo & Juliet and Rashard a cast member
from Artes de la Rosa's In the Heights!
· Favorite ice cream : Oreo Cheesecake
· Biggest On Stage Mishap:   I forgot an entire line and said sh@! on stage.
· Worst job you ever had: I worked in a Marble Slab and my managers were horrible.
· How I was Introduced to Shakespeare: Movies
· Last Good Movie You Saw: The Great Gatsby.
· Something you are incredibly proud of: I earned my Eagle Scout!
· Words of advice for aspiring performers: Don't lose faith, Just keep auditioning!
· Career you would want if not a performer: Firefighter
· Three things you can't live without: Music, Family, Food
· Best way to beat the North Texas Heat : Waterpark
· Why people will love Romeo & Juliet: It's is a new version of the story, and it doesn't get to be long and boring like it normally is.

No comments:

Post a Comment