Thursday, August 4, 2011

A View of A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE with Star Eddie Zertuche

Today we blog with actor Eddie Zertuche as he talks abit about the rehearsal process, the journey, and the hope for our lavish staging of Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge.

Well I'll start by saying I am completely looking forward to this production of A View From the Bridge. We got a fine cast, a fantastically imaginative director, and a wickedly fierce design team! My journey into this play has been one of excitement, a little fear (the good kind), and an anxiousness that just doesn't want to cease. I am playing the character of Eddie Carbone. Not to divulge too much of this man, but I will tell you this...He's all heart! I think that is what I love about him the most. What you see is what you get. If you're gonna say something, then say it. If you're gonna do something, then do it. I'll leave him alone for now.

Rehearsals have been going as smooth as can be for the most part; getting the show on its feet, sinking our claws into the script, and staying focused on the task at hand. I feel that a very healthy bond and trust are on the horizon as our cast members get more and more familiar with this show and its importance. I think that is crucial to have a "family" type feeling when putting a show together. For one thing, it makes the progress that much more enjoyable. I think we have a cast that is chomping at the bit to put this show up. I mean, come on, its Arthur Miller; its strong, its compelling, its intense, and its live baby! I will admit, this is one of the more complicated roles that I have ever had to play in my life, but being the competitive person that I am, my words are simple; bring it on!!!

I think I want to talk about that theatre a little, The Rose Marine. That place holds a pretty good chunk of my heart in it. I used to perform there a lot years back and I can't seem to stop feeling the gratitude for being able to perform there again. I walk in that place and it seems to blanket me with a comforting homey feeling (no pun intended). I love it. I love what it does for the Hispanic community and I love what it does for Fort Worth. I don't ever want to see it go away. So, I don't want to share to much about the show itself for I want you to come and see what we are doing. The production is innovative. It might seem a touch unorthodox, as we are stylizing it up some. Arthur Miller had a few ideas up his sleeve and I think we are going to look up it and see what we see. But again, I won't get too detailed. I want to lure you in so you can make your own decision. It will be entertaining though for that is what we do! Our cast consists of 13 wonderfully talented people and I hope I don't get in trouble for my nicknames; their not too bad. We got Alyssa Maldonado (the princess), Yvonne Duque (the mom), Jacqui Rash (the clown), Stephanie Cleghorn (the beauty), Tyler Cochran (the teacher), Abel Flores (the hot 'Rista'), Laura Watson (the 'working' actor), J.P. Cano (the stud), Cole Spivey (the actor's actor), Fredy Quiroga (el guapo vato), Carlos Iruegas (the brain), and Jimmy Moreno (the hustler), and me (the insurance man) We got a nice mix in this cast; ages, colors, etc... I really love watching, sharing, and being a part of the process with this group. I think this show definitely requires the right kind of focus.

As far as our production team goes, I am completely confident that the skills and talent they bring to this show wil be as magnificent as they will be fascinating. Adam Adolfo has found some very creative people to work on this show and it will be reflected in our final product. Oliver Luke is in charge of creating our physical "world" as it were. Carl Ramsey will come in and make sure we got our best 1957 gear on. And let us not forget Justin Treece who will be providing the illumination to what has been called a 'living watercolor' stage. Adam Adolfo, of course, will be doing something that we like to call "Directing!" Come and check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment