Thursday, January 9, 2014

"JUST JACK": A Moment with the youngest cast member, Jeremy Coca

Today we blog with Jeremy Coca. Affectionately deemed 'Baby Coca', Jeremy, as the youngest member of the professional acting company for Into the Woods, plays the dreamer Jack (of Jack and the Beanstalk fame); but this is not Jeremy's first time on the Rose Marine stage. Most people will probably remember him from his wild antics in the youth ensemble of Artes de la Rosa's In The Heights, recently named "Best Show" (Non Equity) in John Garcia's THE COLUMN "Best of Issue."  Spend a moment with Jeremy and find out why Jack is so close to his heart.

Ask anyone who knows me well. I've been asking for a dog ever since I could remember. It started out just wanting a puppy. But then I settled for ANYTHING. My family has never owned any sort of pet. Most of my family is allergic to cats and my parents have always been reluctant to get a dog. I think that's why I've always felt so close to the role of Jack whose cow is his best friend. 
Jeremy backstage at
In the Heights with Pamela
Garcia Langton. The pair are
reunited as Mother & Son in
Into the Woods!
 
Jack has been one of my dream roles to play since I was in 4th grade when my sister, Natalie who plays Cinderella in this production, brought home the DVD from a teacher that had let her borrow it. I remember sitting there, watching the characters and stage come to life, and just seeing it all in amazement. 
 
So you can imagine my excitement when I not only received a callback for the role, but being offered the role! 
 
Words can not amount to the excitement I'm feeling. Even as I write this post! To top it all off? I get to share the stage again with my sister and for the first time in forever my brother, Anthony who plays Rapunzel's Prince, as well. 
 
This really is an incredible show. It says so much and its all so beautiful. Its not just the characters in the show that have their story. This brilliant cast and their backgrounds are just so beautiful and heart warming.
 
And the best part? 
 
THE FACT THAT I'M THE YOUNGEST IN THE SHOW! 
 
Its so great, working with such a talented cast, and absorbing all that his being given. I just recently turned 17 and being cast in this show is the best birthday present I could have ever received. Being a high schooler and having this be a part of my life is just unbelievable. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment